At Gaia Health, we work with postpartum mamas to help them heal from changes to their bodies that occur from pregnancy, labor and birth, and caring for a newborn.
The common complaints we work on for Mamas are diastasis recti, urinary incontinence, and low back or pelvic pain.
What does postpartum rehab consist of?
- Learning the anatomy of the core (diaphragm, back, abs, and pelvic floor)
- Learning to self-assess diastasis recti
- Correction of postural issues
- Strengthening or relaxing the pelvic floor
- Rebuilding the core 4
- Understanding movements to avoid (temporarily)
- Learning safe workouts to perform postpartum and signs to “back off” a bit and signs to progress
- Recognition that the 3Ps and a T (Pain, Peeing, Prolapse, and Tenting) are symptoms that mean our body is not healed